Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Speed Dating Adventure !!!

So There I was the second to arrive (don't you hate that) One of the Guys organizing the night was out the front having a smoke
"Hi Sarah,, How the hell are you sweetie!"
"Hey Not bad" "
"looking fwd to a big night"
"Yep I guess "
As we stand there A total hunny of a man walks up the stairs dressed well but with a casual feel a necklace and bracelet reveal to me a {hippy} side or at least a lover of the outdoors
"HI I'm Mike" He says in a confident voice to the guy running the event"
"Hi Mike"
"Hi I'm Sarah"
" Hi there"
He turns to go in and my eyes follow
turning to the guy running the event
"WOW omgosh could be a good night" I say with a huge smile
"LOL see ya in there he says "
So anyway we go inside just your basic pub/club kinda room with a few tables of finger food I avoid and some tables around the room and a bar at one end I head to the bar grab a corona and look around the room as its slowly filling up we all have name tags on (gotta hate that) anyway I chat with a group of girls They are all nervous as hell and trying to figure out which questions they should ask etc etc ... Its a fun group everyone 25 -35 everyone single and nice people I walk to a group of guys and chat a bit they seem nice ... A bell rings and we take our seats they tell us the rules like "don't ask where someone works or lives" and explain that we have numbers if you tick yes and they tick yes then they exchange numbers on Monday and will call us to early in the week etc etc ....
The way the numbers go I wont see Mike till last I think any way I take a seat and off we go ...
its actually really easy and fun as the night goes on most of the guys are great easy to talk to and interesting one guy should not have opened his mouth cause before he did that I thought nice but the way he talked made it along 7 mins ...

Now I did tick yes to a couple of guys that seemed nice and I would like to catch up with over coffee .. But really I was waiting to see what mike had to say ... He really had caught my eye from the get go for some reason ...He just had something that I look for even if the others didn't see it ..... After 5 dates we all took a 20 min break to chat and they brought out more hot finger food ... Anyway at this time I found a bar stool and grabbed another beer while everyone else got into the food ... Some one said hey Sarah your missing out..
"narr I am right "
the guy organizing it said
"narr Sarah doesn't eat animals do ya "
"Narr its kewl enjoy it "
"this really is good chicken someone yells "
"you should try it "
"look guys respect the dead I yell burry it "
to which comes the reply
"Its been cremated LOL"
that came from Mike with a cheeky grin
and everyone laughed
back to the dating and it was fun even if I said at just the time when everyone was quite "That was the longest 7 mins of my life"
to which everyone looked around and laughed at me
moving on along came Mike at last and we chatted about everything he was great telling me about his young daughters (2) and how his happy and enjoys life and stuff and anyway the 7 mins was up and the bell rang and we kept talking
Then he said showing me his sheet (the one you tick yes/no on)
"gee I forgot to fill this out"
"I will do it for you I say "
"LOL what"
" yep look you want to put YES for me and NO for everyone else"
" do I just"
" hell yes "
" that's a bit fwd don't you think"
"well up to you but I reckon so "
"ok done and we fill out his sheet together with everyone getting a NO except me ... YEA YEA !!!!"
after that we all kinda move into the rest of the pub with everyone else .. There is a dj (who is quite good) and about 50 - 80 other people around we chat in about three small groups and find that everyone there is really having a good time and have a lot in common even just the guys and girls swap numbers cause we are all single and live in the same general area .. Its nice ...

So anyway here's is where it gets interesting ... There is two guys that I like mike and john .. We are talking in a group of about 6 people john has had too much to drink his a nice guy and I think I would like him too but I can not get my eyes off Mike .. John says lets dance I say to Mike lets dance he says no I don't want to but you two should ! I look at mike and mouth the words PLEASE he laughs and says you two go .. John grabs my hand and pulls me to the floor ... Ok he's a good dancer and we dance but his hands are around me on my butt on my back and in my hair ... Ok I like it I look to see mike and hes busy chatting so I enjoy the dance we have to the floor to ourselves and as an old raver chic I like it that way .. After a few songs we leave and go back to the group I say to Mike thanks for that he laughs ...

Similar thing goes on a few times I end up kissing John a few times on the dance floor and then going back to the group at about midnight Mike says hes going home John and a couple of others want to move on to a club .. I say ok I will go to the club as mike is going home ... As we are walking we see mike waiting at an ATM we all go over and anyway I don't know how it happened but I managed to use the old line ... You guys go and I will catch up latter .. While I talk to mike

they leave and mike says lets get a coffee so we walk up to a coffee shop grab a drink and a both and talk ... And talk ... And talk ... And talk ... And talk ... Ok so we have been talking for four hours its now 4 30 am .... Ouch we both say and leave still talking ... We have a lot in common and its just great ... Dam he's cute too LOL

ok so he is going to get a taxi I offer to drive him home he says yes so I drive him home even if its 40 mins out of my way we kiss goodnight I drive home around 5 am when I get to bed ...
wow what a night ...

So there you go .... Had a great time and who knows where any of it will lead if anywhere .... Mike is great I can not wait to get in touch with him again .. John is nice and there is another guy I ticked yes to ... So who knows ..... All up had some fun .. Hope you all is well
love and light
Sarah
hugz

1 comment:

Barry said...

There ya go...