Monday, August 07, 2006

Finding the Truth in the lies

Its strange how some people have views and they dont really know why they have them . (dont you think) sometimes they just take the word of someone they meet or the word of a political leader or dare I say it church leader and never question it they take it as fact and then they re spew (is that a word) re say what they heard and alike beleiving it to be fact.. A funny things happans when this takes place I find .. for example a Pastor at the church I use to go to emails me every mth or so normally just forwarding me an email that they got from someone preacher or leader in the church he normal sends it to me with a sentence or two saying "What do you think of this ?" So I always write back the problem is that when He sends me stuff I always do a search on the infomation and read up on it .. In the very least I check everything at snopes sometimes I look a bit harder why I do this is basic I dont trust alot of the info that comes from the right wing media as has been shown in things like OutFoxed Anyway most of the time my responce is along the lines of " I understand that view but did you realise that the facts are wrong" or "Nice email but did you know its FALSE here is a web site that talks about the urban myth " Now why anyone would like to send me emails without checking the facts is beyond me especialy when a vast number or people attending the church will take it as fact and never question it because it comes from "Gods apointed" is totaly beyond my thinking .... Oh by the way my replys are normally met with disintrest untill the next email ....

So anyway was watching the vid 911 The Road To Tyranny Its worth a watch if you get time its about 2 hours 20 mins long but well worth it .. not that I am agreeing with the whole conspericy theory thing but Alex Jones makes some good points and has done some great investgation work ... You can have fun like I have double checking all the facts if your really dont have a life like me ... ha ha

So my point today is why dont people take the time to see if something is true ... They trust everything that is said from the pulpt on the TV in the news papper ... Why ???? do you do it ??? I Try not to!

1 comment:

Heartichoke said...

ugh! soooo true. im with you all the way. I grew up in a tiny conservative right wing box, and then when I started thinking for myself and looking into things, i was like "hey! Nobody knows what the hell they're talking about! That's not even in the Bible! But everyone is shouting it as a battlecry! What the hell?"

I contribute all the rest to "myspace". :)