Sunday, November 12, 2006

The weekend and Schapelles Corbys book

Hi funky monkey people,

I have been reading Schapelle Corbys book "My Story" for those who dont know Schapelle Leigh Corby, a 28 year old Australian arrested on October 8, 2004 for allegedly transporting 4.1 kg of marijuana from Australia to Bali, Indonesia. Customs officials at the Denpassar airport discovered the marijuana in her boogie board bag. Schapelle was sentenced 20 years imprisonment on May 27th 2005 in the Denpassar district court.

Despite legal appeals calling for her release, Schapelle Corby remains interned in Kerobokan Prison [Bali]. She steadfastly maintains her innocence!

She my be guilty or inocent I guess it depends on who you believe and alike.. I dont know or claim to know if she did it or not but I do think that its kinda harsh the term and prison that she now finds herself in I do feel that she should be able to serve her time here in Australia with decent treatment but if you like there are many sites like free schapelleand News storys If you would like to know more

Anyway back to the book its not the best or most intersting thing I have ever read but hey its worth a look when you have nothing to do. Perhaps more sutited to a background new artical about her than a 35 dollar read I found it worthwhile but not something I would buy again ..

So this weekend I completed my first course in basic auslan sign language and I feel like I took to it like a duck to water its much easyer than it looks and with some help I should be able to pick it up in a very short time this makes one more language to my colection which is growing all the time ..

I am throwing a huge beach party for my birthday on friday night anyone in the Illawarra area its going to be at coalcliff (above) get intouch or just turn up we will have a fire and DJ so come on down dont bring anything just tell me who you are lol ... Oh and yes its safe we have that covered ...!!!

Thats all I really have for ya today
take care people
love and light
Sarah ...XOXOXOXOX

7 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks for posting this. It still boggles my mind that folks can end up in prison for drug trafficing and yet every time I turn the friggin' TV on here in the US I see commercials for every type of pharmaceutical drug you can imagine.

Hypocrites, all of them!

I love your sign off -- "love and light". ;)

Sarah said...

Hey Dan, Drugs are something that I think every country has to look at If I can leagly get off my face on cocktails I sometimes wonder why pot is so difrent not that I smoke pot. Everyone knows that south east asia is extreame in punishing drug traficers and anyone who has been to Thailand and Baili (I have) knows that you can buy pot dirt cheap on every street corner .. which makes this case so weird...

Barry said...

OK, you blog about a party and a woman in jail...hmmm Where you goin with that anyways

Meg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Sorry it's a bit late ... I didn't know!)
Hope the beach party goes off!

Sarah said...

THanks Meg,
So Wish you and the new man could come I heard a rumor your comeing to Syd on the weekend

Dan said...

Sarah, oh yes -- it's insane! So much doesn't make sense. Putting someone in jail for this is so terrible.

By the way, I switched to Beta Blogger yesterday and may commenters changed to Anonymous! And all of the photos in the comments disappeared! Yikes. I had trouble finding your blog again! :)

Peace and love!

Sarah said...

Dont loose me Mr Dan we all dont get 100+ coments lol ....

easy solution link me lol ... I just did you